- PhD Public Health (Cum Laude), University of Granada, Spain, 2012-2017
- MPH, University of Granada and University of Copenhagen, 2010-2012
- GradDip Arts (Spanish), Massey University, New Zealand, 2005-2009
- MBChB, University of Otago, New Zealand, 2001-2006
Other Certifications and courses:
Grammar at work, The Publishing Training Centre, 2017
DELE C1, 2012
Writing for Google, 2012
see Continuing Education and Professional Development here
- Freelance Medical Writer, 2015-
- External researcher and consultant, Andalusian School of Public Health, 2017
- Intern Health Care Quality, WHO EURO, 2012
- Locum Medical Doctor, Wellington Region, NZ, 2006-2010
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago, 2009-2010
- Surgical Registrar, Wellington Hospital, NZ, 2008-2010
- Junior Doctor, Wellington Hospital, NZ, 2006-2010
- Summer Research Studentship, Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago, 2003-2004
- American Medical Writers Association
- Asociación Española de Redactores de Textos Médicos
- Mediterranean Editors & Translators
- Medical College of Malaga, Spain
- New Zealand Medical Association
Publications and Poster Presentations
- Sánchez-Cruz JJ, De Ruiter I, Jiménez-Moleón JJ, García L, Sánchez MJ. Stabilization and reversal of child obesity in Andalusia using objective anthropometric measures by socioeconomic status. BMC Pediatr. 2018;18(1):322. doi:10.1186/s12887-018-1295-4
- De Ruiter I, Olmedo-Requena R, Jiménez-Moleón JJ. Parental and Child Factors Associated with Under-Estimation of Children with Excess Weight in Spain. Matern Child Health J. 2017 Jul 10. doi: 10.1007/s10995-017-2304-1.
- De Ruiter I, Olmedo-Requena R, Sánchez-Cruz J-J, Jiménez-Moleón J-J. Trends in Child Obesity and Underweight in Spain by Birth Year and Age, 1983 to 2011. Rev Esp Cardiol. 2017
- De Ruiter I, Olmedo-Requena R, Sánchez-Cruz JJ, Jiménez-Moleón JJ, Changes in sleep duration in Spanish children aged 2–14 years from 1987 to 2011, Sleep Medicine (2016), doi: 10.1016/j.sleep.2015.12.021
- Johnson W, De Ruiter I, Ohm Kyvik K, Murray A, Sørensen T.I.A, Genetic and Environmental Transactions Underlying the Association between Physical Fitness/Physical Exercise and Body Composition, Behav Genet. 2015, 45 (1):84-105. Epub 2014 Oct 31
- Sánchez-Cruz J, De Ruiter I, Jiménez-Moleón J, Individual, family and environmental factors associated with pediatric excess weight in Spain: a cross-sectional study. BMC Pediatrics. 01/2014; 14(1):3.
- Yang J, De Ruiter I, Parker A, Wormald PJ, Robinson S, Wickremesekera A, Endoscopic endonasal transsphenoidal surgery: a mentoring surgical model. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 2012, 82: 452–456.
- Kljakovic M, Abernathy D, De Ruiter I, Quality of diagnostic coding and information flow from hospital to general practice, Inform Prim Care. 2004, 12(4): 227-234
- De Ruiter I, Genetic contribution to physical activity and fitness and its modification effect on genetic variation in obesity traits. Presented at Poster Session for Master Thesis, EHESP Rennes 2012
- De Ruiter I, Selvaratnam V, Robinson R, A mobile stent removal reminder system, BJUI, 2010, 150(Suppl) Poster presentation at ANZUS Annual Scientific Meeting, Perth, Australia; February 2010.